Back pain can become a very big problem when you struggle to get through the day and then find it an even bigger struggle to get a good night’s sleep. Finding a comfortable position to sleep in can be difficult. Getting in and out of bed might even cause the biggest problem of all.
We all know that a good night’s sleep is essential to being healthy, and also important to your well-being.
Try These 5 Tips to help you get enough sleep a bit easier:
- Invest in a good mattress; Doctors usually recommend a firmer mattress, but research found that a mattress that is too hard, actually makes sleep worse than other kinds of mattresses. However, a too soft mattress can also cause problems. Sinking in too deep may cause your joints to twist and the result will be more pain.
- Getting In and Out of Bed very carefully; do not make jerking motions and sat down carefully on the bed. From there you can slowly swing your legs up on the bed. Use your arms to lie down slowly and find a comfortable position to sleep in. For getting out of bed you can reverse the steps.
- Find a Comfortable Sleeping Position; certain positions will help to ease back pain. Find a position that you find comfortable. If you sleep on your side, put a pillow underneath or between your knees. Draw your knees up slightly to your chest. If you sleep on your back, put a pillow under your knees, or a rolled up small towel can be placed under the small of your back.
- Do Core Exercises; regular physical activity will always improve your sleep. Doing exercises that will strengthen your back muscles and core, hips, lower back, etc. can help to ease your back pain. Building strength and suppleness and flexibility in your muscles will lower the chances of strain on your back and also the occurrence of muscle spasms throughout the night.
- Try doing a few Yoga stretches before getting into bed; intensive stretching and yoga reduce lower back pain. It also helps to reduce stress and therefore will make you sleep much better.
A good night’s sleep is possible when you follow these tips, find the correct mattress for a comfortable body fit, do the exercises and stretch intensively before getting into bed.